Unlike other specialties that are limited in scope, family medicine integrates the biological, clinical and behavioral sciences in order to treat all ages, sexes, each organ system and disease entity.
The concept of Family Medicine is very popular in medically advanced countries such as in North America and Europe. We have identified the importance of including Family Medicine within our specialized services at Al Safat American Medical Center.
Family Medicine Clinic provides its services for the following age group populations: newborns and children, adults as well as the elderly or geriatric patients. Diagnostic and treatment services for :
- Acute, chronic and primary care for all ages, groups, genders
- Pre-employment & other physical examinations
- Hypertension and other cardiovascular complaints
- Diabetes and hormonal disorders
- Respiratory infections, shortness of breath, asthma and allergies
- Digestive ailments and anemia
- Renal and urology tract infections
- Prostate and related problems
- Neurological and psychiatric conditions, such migraine, headaches, dizziness, mood disorders, anxiety, panic disorder and insomia
- Orthopedic injuries, arthritis, osteoporosis, rheumatism and lower back pain
- Other general health conditions